I am one of OG’s who is proud to say I was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. I grew up in the South Bay aka Inglewood, but I have been to every sub-city in Los Angeles. I know almost every street/city like the back of my hand, but I am still exploring new places every day. The LA I know is NOT what Youtubers/Bloggers/LA Transplants glamourize on their Instagrams. What I see on Instagram and Youtube is mostly the Westside. Which don’t get me wrong, is very aesthetically pleasing, but it makes me upset when people think that is only what LA has to offer. There is a world outside of Santa Monica, West Hollywood, and Beverly Hills.
I want my blog to be unique and about the off beaten path of LA. I am going to take time every week to visit my favorite spots, but also give you guys some fashion inspo! Multitasking at its finest.
For the first part of this blog series, I took some photos in Downtown Los Angeles, which is one of my favorite spots to hang out in. Downtown LA has had a major facelift within the last 5 years. With still some rough areas around, there are some awesome spots to check out. There are a lot of cool new bars, stores, and restaurants popping up every day. I hope you like this idea and what’s to come..
My first look is at the Spring Street Arcade Building
The Spring Street Arcade Building is one of my favorite renovated buildings in Downtown. There are restaurants, coffee shops, and ice cream shops that everyone needs to try.
My favorite shops there are:
- Don Francisco Coffee Casa Cubana – yummy tortas and Cuban coffee.
- Gelateria Uli – unique ice cream flavors and cones.
- Guisados – delicious tacos and tamales!
- Blu Jam Cafe – also like the one on Melrose, big portions, beautiful & delicious food.
How cool are these stringed lights? Perfect for an Instagram picture.
Shop my look:
- Skirt: https://shopstyle.it/l/0qGO
- Jacket: Sold out on Urban Outfitters, found one on Poshmark https://bit.ly/2C25SCP
- Top: https://shopstyle.it/l/0qLr
- Shoes: https://shopstyle.it/l/0qLw
I linked a few nicer dupes of my outfit but for the most part, my outfit is from Poshmark.
This next one has a long name and hard to describe, but its a really cool spot!
General Thad Kosciuszko Way & Lower Grand Ave
So many movies and music videos have been filmed here. I always see people taking photos here so I said why not. Its a great spot for an edgy photo, so I wore something a little bit more edgy to go with the theme.
Trying out this Story Luxe Editing app.
Shop this look:
- My shirt is from Topshop only $12.
- My skirt is from the Goodwill – real leather from White House Black Market & for only 50 cents, such a great find! I linked dupes that are decently priced
- Shoes are Calvin Klein, linked below.
- The purse is the Wallet on Chain from Chanel, which I purchased at the Chanel store in Florence, Italy. Money saving tip is to buy new luxury items in Europe if you’re ever there.
More looks to come. Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if you have any ideas of places for me to visit. I would love to hear about your favorite spots in LA.